huayshan and marianne

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

chalet

slept like a log today from 8 to about 4.30. was dead beat from the chalet. yeap from mon to tues i went to help out at a chalet with around 12 kids from this centre i tutor at. i didnt know any of these kids, they were never under me but i really had a good time.

i fell in love with these four little girlies who were sisters. two of them slept with me in the same room. one of them was really attached to me-she kept scrambling into my lap, reaching out for my hand and saving seats for me during meals. yes, hui zhen was my favourite. she made me really happy, and it's a type of happiness that i've never felt before. she was a really sweet girl, and extremely mature forher age- 8 years old. all the other 3 kids were hopping on my bed hollering "jiejie wake up!!" in the morning but i heard my dear hui zhen shushing them, saying " let her be i think she's tired from ytd". she also askedme if i had a boyfriend, and when i looked puzzled she commented "don't people usually have boyfriends at your age?" the sad part is that she's way too young to know how to keep in contact. only her younger sister comes to the centre. i took some photos with her on my phone and when i look at them i feel so. bleah. when we said goodbye yesterday i felt kind of weird. i was really sad. like i told my mom, during the chalet, i felt like i was in a different world altogether, where diff things mattered. now im back to my world, where everyone places importance on studying and ccas. i don't really want to be back. i'ld really give anything to see hui zhen one more time and to see her smile at me, grasp my hand and climb onto my lap. i really hope to see her again someday.

thanks elizabeth for yesterday. i had a really good sleep :D
and thank deborah for the ride :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home