huayshan and marianne

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hello, Nice to Meet You










I just got back from Cambodia. I must say, it was a really fun yet meaningful experience. I've never really been to a third world country save for India and South Africa, but those trips were for leisure. I guess I've really learnt a lot from this trip. It really breaks my heart to leave the kids we helped behind. I really loved their spirit - they are so warm and sincere, such a joy to be around. I feel that such values are lost in some modern societies so it's nice to see such traits for a change. To top things off, the food there was fantastic! I had one of the best desserts ever - ice cream in coconut. It was delicious! Cambodia is a beautiful country and I'm glad to have gotten this opportunity to visit it for myself. My only regret is not being able to extend my trip to visit Ang Kor Wat. That will have to be next time. But I definitely did get a taste of Cambodia and I'd love to go back.

For now, it's back to the usual lifestyle. The only difference is that now, everyone's coming back! (: I really can't wait! I'm really excited! Too bad the H1N1 is such a kill joy. But oh well, I hope we pull through!

xoxo,
MAR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home