huayshan and marianne

Thursday, February 21, 2008

hi jonathan!! hehehe hope i made you smile at the end of a dull day. anyhow i'm really missing vj badly. veryy badly!

ok i guess pretty much everyone knows but here goes! i'm teaching now at a secondary school and my job is very odd, i'm kinda like a teaching aid, i go round to classes during their free periods and sort of give them tuition. i do eng,chem and math. and boy boy boy am i tired. today's just my second day but i really feel like giving in already.if not for the pay and the nice nice people in the staff room i'ld seriously be considering giving up my job.

okay plus points first.
1)i ADORE dressing up as a teacher!! i plan to shop tmr for more teaching clothes and i already noticed this baby pink satin blouse from joop that i'm going to zoom in on! haha. i love wearing comfy loose pants and the teacher-looking thing around my neck(it's a remote thing to open the staff room door)

2)some students actually listen to me and thank me. ahhaa yea there are a couple who really do benefit from my babbling and it makes me happy! even in the rowdier classes there are some who really are genuinely interested in learning. and yea i like the feeling of helping them.

3)the staff room people are so so fun! there's this indian man who is hilarious, a nice nice pe teacher behind me who so generously consoled me today when i came out of a class totally disheartened, there's the kind elderly lady sharing a table with me who told me today she eats only four vege sandwiches a day, and there's a new teacher who's one year older and who made friends with me today! i like her already and foresee that i'll be pouring out my woes to her. haha. and there're a few more random teachers who smile at me. there's actually a pretty goodlooking male teacher sitting somewhere near me but he always looks hungry, i cant find any other way to describe it and he's prob a lot older so okay, stay far far. oh and the math hod who almost broke my hand when he shook it! haha looked a lot like mr eric tan and sounds a lot like him too. but nice guy, i like him.

and why am i disheartened?
1)i think the teacher who hired me is a little disappointed in me. and i feel bad receiving pay when i'm not really doing what she wants me to do. sigh sigh sigh.

2)i really dread struggling,and failing to get people to listen to me and i don't like getting ignored and dissed, makes me feel really down and helpless!

but i don't think i'll give in just yet. sometimes the random cry, " 'cher! " or "miss yuen!" from one corner of the road or stairwell is enough to make me smile and pump me with energy to get through my lessons. ah wells. mwa.

xxoo huay shan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home