huayshan and marianne

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Looking Back











I know this is a bit too late but what the hell.

Looking back, if there was one word to sum up 2008, it would have to be Change.
Last year was definitely a challenging one. I was thrown off not having anything to do for 9 months. Sure, it was liberating, but at the same time, it felt strange since I was so used to a routine that seemed to be part of my life. It was a great 9 months though, traveling with friends, working (okay maybe that wasn't so great) and just spending time with loved ones. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend those 9 months.
Another challenge was having everyone fly off. Although I got used to it, it didn't make it any easier not having people like Jen around for random drives and suppers, or having Zee around to curse and swear to make the world a better place or having Shan send random messages that always make me smile. I am glad that we managed to stay close despite the distance and that I managed to still meet up with the remaining few in Singapore.
Entering uni was yet another difference. It was scary at first since there weren't many people I knew. I thank God for Sam and Chang, without whom I wouldn't have survived uni. I also am glad for the many awesome new friends I've made as well. They have certainly made school more bearable and have helped me in more ways than one.
Rugby was a whole new experience as well. I'm glad for the opportunity to continue playing the sport I love. It's been tough but all worth while and I've definitely learnt a lot.
All in all, I'd say 2008 was a good year. Many changes but somehow, I did manage to survive and this wouldn't have been possible with all those I love.
I hope this year will be good as well, I think it's the way I set it out to be.

xoxo
MAR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home