huayshan and marianne

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Run Baby Run



The pride gained is worth the pain.

So Sam and I accomplished and conquered our first ever half marathon. I must admit when I pulled myself out of bed at 445am, that I felt mildly insane. After all, this is the earliest I've woken up in a long time. In fact, sometimes, I sleep at that time. Despite the foul tasting power gel that made me get a stomache, the smelly toilets and the crowd, I must admit, it was kinda fun, albeit in a sadistic and twisted way but the feeling is awesome. The feeling of crossing the finishing line knowing that you really gave it your all is an accomplishment in itself. Although I now have aching legs, a stomache and a cold, it was definitely worth it and I'd do it over again. This time I think I should train so that maybe I won't ache so much? Thank God I didn't get cramps.
This wouldn't have been the same without Sammy mummy though! The company was ace and I think we kept each other going, at least she did for me. I admire her fighting spirit and her bravery. Thanks Sam (:
Full marathon next year?

xoxo
MAR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home