huayshan and marianne

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Good To Be Home

So, Poland was great. Cold, but lots of fun! I enjoy sight seeing in Europe. Everywhere is just so pretty! The architecture is definitely beautiful. It even snowed once! Though it wasn't that great cos of the slush, which made it difficult to walk around. Shopping was fantastic. Managed to get shopping all done and bought a lot of presents! Buying presents for guys is the ultimate nightmare. It's just so difficult! We did the tourist stuff too. Saw the concentration camp, which was depressing and utterly tragic. I never want to go back there again, but one quote is certainly true:
The one who does not remember history is bound to live through it again.

I guess it's good I went there albeit the sadness accompanied with it. All in all, this was a good trip, though a bit too long. I'm starting to have withdrawal symptoms already. I miss watching German MTV and listening to German music (no kidding, it's actually quite good!)


Then again, I'm so glad to be back! Caught up with the girls last night and boy was it fun doing what we do best! It was an absolute blast! Dao huay in the car was fantastic though strange? I'm so glad for this catch up session. Amazing how much you can miss people in 3 months. Life without them has definitely been strange, not bad but strange. I really miss last year so much! Funny how the supposed worst year of your life preparing for As, actually proved to be the most memorable and fun!

Here's to more great times to come! (: Merry Christmas everyone!

xoxo
MAR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home