huayshan and marianne

Monday, April 05, 2010

a jolly tale of fun, friendship and near-death experiences (:

Okay i'm bored and lonely and lazy and somehow i feel like i can't move on with my (mundane and sad) life until i've put this down in writing so that i won't forget anything.

Tenerife was something. It's definitely the kind of holiday that i like. for 5 days i forgot about work and well.. about everything.

look at this and tell me it can't take your worries away.
(credits go to elizabeth.)
it wasn't just about the scenery, it was about the sheer lack of hustle and stress in the place. it was crazy busy with almost naked(lots of exposed boobies) people walking around increasing their risks of developing cancer but somehow it was just such a happy place, i couldn't help but be at peace and be happy.

it also helped that liz was with me and there were ups and downs but at the end of the day i would just look at the dumbass sleeping/peeling her lips/reading her book/swimming and smile.

and as always, putting two idiots together=lots of crazy events so..
while we were pedal boating we decided to fish random things from the ocean. after picking up a beer can, i saw this and told liz very excitedly that it was a hairclip and that she should pick it up. it was a jellyfish.
this is just a pretty picture. no funny story here.
This paella is for 2 people. crazy!! but yummers :)
By the gorgeous beach =)
the slurpee matches my dress!
Cocktails by the beach.
aw i really like this picture.
My favourite picture. this is beautiful!
Exhausted after parascending.
In my mind: oh shit oh shit OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT
I lay awake half the night before in pain because of my sunburnt body so i had to wear a cardigan to prevent further damage.
Scuba diving! okay first can i just say liz is like no other girl, she is COOL and GUNGHO. we went on single jetskis at first and being a chicken i went very slowly while she sped away racing strangers and we then went on a double jetski and she drove and i now have a butt bruise and two bruises on my face. from bouncing up and down and ramming my face into her shoulder blade.

i couldn't even scream. the water kept spraying into my face and rendered me blind and speechless and i was too busy clinging onto the machine and liz for dear life. she's DAMN cool. i don't know anyone else who would ride a jetski at full speed when they're partially blinded by water and being lifted up and down the seat by a terrified person behind them.

back onto scubadiving. funniest and most thrilling experience i've had so far. but i really like it.

I was terrified at first cause the instructor barely taught us anything in my opinion and when i tumbled into the water I found myself sinking and unable to surface cause my oxygen tank thing was weighing me down. Eventually groped my way to the surface and heard my instructor saying to another guy, "ah it's cause i put the weights in her life jacket, oops!" cause he forgot to inflate my life jacket before i went in HAHA funny now but i thought i was going to die. we got very vague instructions on how to use the mouthpiece as well so i thought i was going to be unable to breathe and well.. die.

I yelled LIZ!! and was planning to say okay let's screw this and just sit on the boat and go home, but according to her she had problems of her own so she ignored my cry for help HAHAHA. i eventually figured it out though and stuck my head underwater to try breathe and i distinctly remember feeling like i was looking into a fishtank with a magnifying glass, it was really pretty.

from then on all went well, i managed to control my breathing and kicked my way around feeling really happy(:

another funny story. i saw the turtle and i was like okay cool stuff, then my instructor let go of me to take pictures(he was holding on to my tank) and so i started kinda spinning out of control and looked like a complete fool trying to stay in the right position while shaking my fist at the man and so i lost sight of the turtle and when he grabbed hold of me again the turtle suddenly reappeared right in front of me- (this close, refer to picture below) which scared the crap out of me and i screamed into my mouthpiece and i swear it glared at me. liz on the other hand wouldn't stop trying to rape the turtle.


all in all, fun trip. am feeling sad now but.. ohwell! life goes on and now that i've penned this down i feel like i can carry on with my regular life tmr. off to school and volunteering in the afternoon!

oh and yes i am extremely burnt, liz peeled part of my face for me while we were waiting to check in and in the flight. the person sitting next to me disappeared after awhile, and we concluded it must be because we looked like lesbians, she must have thought liz was fondling my face or something.
see how miserable i am and how happy she is. nyeh!!

after scubadiving i found a text in my phone from a friend telling me my marks for a repro test and i did reasonably well so i was really happy. I just love feeling like the effort you put in gives results. it motivates me. i have to study hard and not get a resit please!!

okay. huayshan stop thinking abt tenerife, and BACK to normal life tmr!!!

thanks liz.

huayshan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home