huayshan and marianne

Friday, April 30, 2010

The one good thing that may come out of this blog.

Okay something I am going to keep in mind and always always remember.

BE nice to your juniors.

And please my dear darling people who are reading this, be nice to YOUR juniors. by juniors, i mean people who were where you used to be and want to be where you are now. that was convoluted. i'll elaborate.

see today at volunteering two lovely doctors were unbelievably nice to me, between running from patient to patient they sat down with me to teach me random things that i can't remember now and to show me CT scans and funny instruments and to smile at me and say nice things though they said i'm ridiculous for wanting to spend time in a place i'll be dying to get out of in a few years (omg please let me end up in that situation i want to pass!!)

and basically my point is they'll probably go home and forget about me by tomorrow but I'll always remember how nice and encouraging they both were and how they were kinda trying to protect me from the nurses in a sense- they were like - those nurses ain't teaching you nothing, it's okay i'll teach you----- and for the first time i felt like i was a part of a community that's filled with lovely people.

Last week this bossy looking surgeon who seemed to scare the hell out of the nurses kinda barked a how you doin' at me and cracked a few jokes to cheer me up(i was stressing cause three phones had just rang in a row, all asking for the most ridiculous sounding names which im sure are normal names but im just a bit deaf so my ears hear things like marceenashiwee when they're asking for marcia duffy)and went on to terrorise a few more nurses aw :)

i am aware i keep raving abt things like this ugh i'm sorry!!!! things like these make me happy. not clubbing(stella im inspired by you!!) not anything else. =) but i know im at risk of sounding like pollyana who btw annoys the crap out of me - it's this book abt a crazy girl who's so optimistic i want to reach into the book and slap the crap out of her i actually hurrahed when she broke her leg, HA serves her right!

ok shower then study.

remember, be nice to people even if it means taking a minute to smile or say sth friendly. it makes people feel so much happier =) ill be lovely to students i see next time.

huayshan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home