huayshan and marianne

Monday, February 27, 2006

eight kay!

hello, firstly thanks to my big brother, deb and marianne. thanks for the encouragement, somehow every word made me smile. yes, im doing more butt and back exercises,and sen ure right, i know if im too kan ciong and fussy ill shake more. my coach told me to look forward and imagine im pro. in the meantime, im telling myself that learning to kayak is like learning to ride a bike. it takes hell alot of time but once u get there it stays and it feels good. so i shall persevere. :)

next up, i ran 8km today for kayak. yes, 8 km!and befor that i ran 4 plus km during break with my nice classmates:)well for kayak,before the run we did 800 m warm up and another 800m with pushups and all and then we took off for the 8 km run. yes i emerged third last but it felt great knowing that i had completed the run. hmmm actually only four of the girls ran and the rest were the guys, so i guess thats not so bad after all? haha i really wanted to quit halfway but something in me told me to keep going. and thats one thing im really proud of. now im really shagged but i feel like im shining or sth, i feel pretty lively still. and yes one more piece of good news, i can do 8 pull ups! i tried today again after training and i felt so happy. in case anyone who is reading this doesnt know, i have never been able to do a single pull up. haha thanks, kayak. :)

homework wise, everythings alright. i mean, im still rather behind in my work, but i guess im getting better? haha, yes things are going pretty smoothly now. and oh yes, deborah and me were selected by mr shi to go for the pre-u seminar talk in may. wow, i felt so honoured when deb told me.i mean ,as mr shi said, we get to stay in nus for a week, and we get to meet ppl from other jcs, and honourable speakers. wow, deb we really have to make good use of this opportunity. i really feel thankful ive come to vjc. its been giving me all these opportunities that i may not have gotten elsewhere. haha yes, as u can all prob tell from my upbeat mood, today was a good day.

ok i shall end here. takecare all and have a good week ahead. sen u should also stop reading leh. i stop reading ures liao. haha but im honoured u make time for me in ure busy sched. thanks for randy,thats what i call the toy. all the best for ure exams. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home