huayshan and marianne

Monday, July 12, 2010

Hello, Again

I haven't updated this space in a loooong while. Been busy with plenty of things such as planning trips, interning & meet ups.

Approaching the tail end of the internship, it got me reflecting on the things I've learnt. I realised that as much as I dread dragging myself out of bed to work every morning, I will kind of miss this place. Miss the new friends I've come to like - they're different from the usual bunch. Being older, they do have different experiences to share. Our soccer talks over coffee are always entertaining. I've also come to enjoy the company culture. Everyone here is very down to earth save for one & even though some might be heads of their department, they still take the time to talk to me & make sure I was doing okay. They didn't make me feel invisible. I really admire them for their genuine concern & sincerity. Everyone here is like that - welcoming & inclusive. I doubt there are large corporations that actually have such people.

As for work, I've really learnt a lot on presentation skills, the various countries etc. I'm really glad I got this opportunity. It's a definite change from my previous internship but enjoyable nonetheless.

I hope to come out of this a better person. Now back to work & the headache of my hectic schedule.

Toodles!

Mar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home