huayshan and marianne

Sunday, October 17, 2010

about feeling very stressed!

yea what's new. i've got a pile of things to do that's just frustrating me but i'm trying to get on top of everything yes i am.

Things have been going okay, i really really enjoy my days now- kinda got the hang of being in hospitals and I like how I've kinda gotten to know some doctors better, it's always nice seeing familiar friendly faces around. I think one doctor seems to like me cause he keeps picking on me and showering me with well dones despite my very blatant stupidity, so I'm planning to beg him to let me get blood off people when I next see him.

I saw a really interesting patient last week and I was so intrigued by him that I've been going to speak to him everytime I get the chance- he has something called Korsakoff's and it's amazing seeing the manifestations of the condition in an actual human being. Basically he forgets stuff and makes things up to fill the blanks in his memories and a couple of things he made up were quite amusing. I've got to do a presentation on a patient next week and I think he's my man =)

It's also nice learning about things that are relevant. I've been given a lot of mini assignments by random consultants to learn about random conditions and I like doing it even though it's a lot of work cause I feel like it's all relevant and making sense. It's a really nice feeling never feeling bored with your work.

But i'm still stupid and lazy. At times. Most of the time.

BYEEE

huayshan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home