huayshan and marianne

Thursday, June 05, 2008

I miss the Good Ol' Days


It's been 2 days since our return from Bangkok and I'm missing the time spent there already! It was a great 4 days spent with the girls and the twins' parents. My only complaint was that there was insufficient time spent there!
Shopping there was amazing. Truly, Bangkok isn't over-rated. But I thought MBK was rather disappointing as I only managed to buy a few things from there? And it was rather boring. But Platinum and Chatuchak were no let down! Bought so many things there and spent very little overall!
Food there was ace as well! The noodles with soup, pad thai and thai desserts were swell and I could eat them everyday! If heaven had food, these would definitely be in my heaven!
But what was even better was the company. It was such great fun spending time with the fun buns, Shan and Chang! It's been such a long time since we've spent so much time together! I never laughed so hard in a long time! I only wish we had more of such moments together! Hopefully our schedule in the future will permit us to do so!
Ah, it's such a sad time now. So many people are going to leave for greener pastures. I can't bring myself to write farewell letters or think about them leaving for the next 4 years or so, some, even longer. I really can't imagine life without so many of you. I know this is part and parcel of life but nobody said it was going to be easy. I know there's Skype and MSN to make things a wee bit easier but still, I will miss each and every one of you. Oh well, I will deal with it when time comes.
So now, life has been great! Catching up with people, enjoying life of the unemployed, reading and watching tv serials like there's no tomorrow. If only life could stay like this forever. I love being a bum. I know it all has to come to an end as university starts in August. Boo.
Then there's Singfest 2008 coming up! I can still vividly recall last year's Singfest which was buckets of fun! I know this year will be awesome too! If only Daphne Loves Derby would come too! (Dream on, Mar). However, due to financial woes, it's highly unlikely that I can go! I didn't realise how expensive the tickets are! (Probably cos we got it free last year) Worst case, we have to camp outside Fort Canning and be jealous of all the people inside who get to watch AND listen to the performances. Bugger. I wish I'd strike the lottery NOW. Or, if anyone can kindly sponsor me?
Alright, time to start on my new book, which just arrived today! YAY!

xoxo,
Mar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home