huayshan and marianne

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Going back to Adam Road to eat the famous Nasi Lemak was an awesome experience. I was really excited to eat there because the Nasi Lemak there is simply delicious, coupled with amazing chilli and warm teh-tarik to go along with it. It's really the perfect combination and great way to start the day. The best part? It's only the first day of our food crawl/trail! I'm really hyped for the rest of the journey! Pictures will be up when I get them from Zee!
Of course, all good things don't last. Going on the food crawl/trail also means that reality is starting to kick in. I hate the fact that we only appreciate good things when they're gone or about to be taken away. Yes, I definitely miss being able to eat at Adam Road everyday back in NJ. (though I didn't!) Now, that privilege is going to be taken away from me. For one, I am no longer in the vicinity since I'm changing schools. Secondly, my makan buddy will be heading for the alps soon. It just makes me realise that everyone's leaving in less than a month's time and we will all be venturing on different paths. I still miss the days in NJ, where we used to see each other everyday, play in the field, container classroom days etc. There's not one day that I don't wish to go back to those days, minus the studying and exams.
To be honest, I'm fucking scared for uni. (pardon the language). Although the people I've met so far have been nothing less than great, I can't help but feel scared and nervous about uni. The competition, stress, workload and grades to meet definitely scare the living daylights out of me. To think that I won't have my good friends by my side, I feel fucked up already. Pardon this emo post but this is just one of those days that reality hits you right in the face. And guess what, I feel fucking unprepared. Good luck to me since school's starting really soon. I can't believe it. My months of freedom are quickly and surely coming to an end. I don't want change. I wish life could stay this way forever. Sadly, it can't and I have to learn to suck it up and move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home