huayshan and marianne

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I'm finally back from Argentina but only for a few days before I leave for Hong Kong again. I'm super exhausted from flying 30 hours even though I slept during all the flights and even the transits.

Well, Argentina was something different. Have never seen anything remotely like that before. It was both good and bad I guess. Good because most people are friendly, shopping is good enough and the markets are so interesting. Tango's amazing to watch too. Unfortunately, I think we stayed too long so we ran out of things to do after a few days. I guess there's only so much to see. It's not a very walkable city as well. The first long walk we took turned out so badly because someone tried to steal our money. My dad and I were walking in front when something green landed on me. I thought it was bird shit but I found out it was actually mustard! Two assholes sprayed it to pretend it was bird shit so they'd have a chance to come close to me to pretend to offer help so that they can steal my money. And now thanks to them, my fucking coat is stained with mustard that can't come off. FUCK. My fucking expensive coat. Thank goodness my mum knew they were frauds so we ran off with me shouting at them as I was dragged off. Fucking made my day. Another one was at the restaurant where the waiter refused to give us the bill and over charged out. Fucking old man. Basket. Just because we can't speak a word of Spanish. Ah well. Those were just the 2 bad experiences we had over the 2 weeks. I'm pretty proud of us because we learned enough Spanish over our stay to enable us to order some amazingly good food :D Except for the mistakes once in a while (including ordering a weird salad consisting of rice, beetroot and tomato). All in all, I enjoyed myself very much! I guess just spending time with the family is swell :D Now it's time to go off to Hong Kong! I can't wait! I pray I don't get much jet lag.

It's now time to return to my routine. I am so gonna die when I return to training tomorrow. Lord please help me. Alright, time to unpack and start meeting up with people! I miss you all!

xoxo,
MAR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home