huayshan and marianne

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Random Musings

It's been ages since I've visited this space.

School's started and already, I hate it. It just doesn't seem to get better. The modules are tougher and the readings are piling up.

Thank God for after school activities. Been watching plenty of movies, eating at new places and just relaxing and catching up with old friends. Not good for school but good for my sanity! Trainings are starting up again and I simply cannot wait! I can't wait to have my Saturdays back. There will be changes though but for now, I will just keep an open mind. After all, change can be good sometimes.

I finally tried the dessert at Caramel. I've always wanted to try out that place every time I walk past it and I did it last night! The dessert there was to die for! It was rather rich though. Perhaps it was a mistake to try it after eating a heavy dinner. But, it was well worth my while! I was rather disappointed that they didn't have the recommended Chocolate Berry Lust but the Praline was delicious! So glad I finally dragged my lazy ass there. Last night was like a culinary adventure! Aside from trying out the dessert there, I also had an authentic Japanese meal at my favourite restaurant. Surprise surprise, I ate pufferfish! And it tasted awesome! I tried it as sashimi, fried and I ate pufferfish skin as well. It made me realise again why I admire the Japanese. They can take one fish and cook it so many savory ways. It was simply the best (maybe not for the wallet but definitely worth it!).

I have this sudden urge to eat breakfast at Simply Bread and explore Ann Siang Hill. I hope to do so this week. Once the competitions are out of the way, hopefully I'll have more time to do so!

MAR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home