huayshan and marianne

Thursday, October 21, 2010

about motivation

Some people absolutely hate being in hosps- in a way i can completely understand cause you're constantly feeling like an annoying parasite- I start every sentence with "Hi I'm a third year student.." and you can just see the nurses and doctors' facial expressions change as you utter those damning words -_-

But a nurse once said to me that I'm meant to be annoying cause that's the only way I'm going to learn- at least I'm being annoying for a valid reason. Seriously everyday I embarrass myself at least once standing around looking at doctors with dopey bewildered eyes, while they ignore me to like you know, save lives. hahaha but i have learnt to be thick-skinned *nods*

I've got to do this self-directed learning student project thing-so I chose strokes and have been on the ward a lot going on ward rounds, stalking dieticians and physiotherapists and sitting in during clinics. I like it cause I organise all my own teaching so if I see someone doing something that I dont know about I run to them and ask if I can tag along.

not all bright and cheery though, i got so mad at a consultant today i sulked throughout his teaching. he's such a bastard seriously, i asked a qn, a stupid one but i really didnt get it and he had said to ask any qns. And he just gave me a look and ignored the question completely. Typical old fat snobbish twat that thinks he's all that. Yea I was really quite pissed off.

Also am liking the other students at my placement- this one guy had yellow paint smeared all over his jacket sleeve so we spent our break looking for solutions on the internet- then someone suggested white spirits, not sure if he was kidding, and said guy found it somehow, not sure if he nicked it from an alcoholic or something haha and got the paint AND colour off his jacket. brilliant.

off to zzzz

nighttt!

huayshan

ps taylor swift is still awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home