huayshan and marianne

Friday, February 13, 2009

hot chocolate warms my insides

i have time so i thought i'ld blog! :D

let me vent my woes first. i have exactly 3 months to spend in spore/msia and obviously if i had the choice i would stay in sg for the entire 3 months but i'ld feel bad. i have to spend with my parents even though i'ld be bored to death-can't drive, no friends, no public transport. i'ld just spend my days praying for night time to come quicker and going to my mom's office-which would be great except that i'll prob be taking driving lessons which mean i cant follow her to her office which means i'll be stuck at home which is even more boring. but i still want to spend at least a month in msia nonetheless. ah.. but a month in sg is a definite must. just not sure when :( it's like i'm so used to being free and well.. FREEEE that malaysia is stifling and depressing sometimes.

so i'm a tad depressed when i think abt that sometimes, ai...

next up, today was GP day and i totally rocked it! started out bad cause i messed up an essay i handed in the week before and ah it was just bad. but when we did our patient interviews which are now one-to-one interviews i was complimented by the patient!! it was an elderly lady and she was complaining about another doctor to me before that. something about the doctor being insensitive and she told me she liked the doctor that was in charge of us first years better. he does rock btw, i really admire the guy. then she told me i asked the right questions and had a delightful smiley face and that i had an excellent bedside manner!!! i was blushing like crap and stuttering "no la..." and "aiya.." prob didn't understand me but i was very flattered. i seriously am very conscious sometimes of my different accent and looks and i am genuinely afraid that patients will feel less comfy with me or trust me less. it's nice to hear some reassurance every now and then :)

.... another unromantic vday for huayshan ........

btw liesel, no i'm not going for the guy and my name is huay yuen on all the registers! so when i say my name is shan the tutors give me this weird look. sigh.

huay-shan(it's going to become a thing.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home