huayshan and marianne

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Toilet Was My Best Friend Today

I'm back from Bintan! It was a great team bonding trip where I got to know all my teammates better. We had so much fun kayaking, swimming, shopping at mini marts and lazing in the room. I feel the trip has made us stronger as a team, ready for whatever challenges lie ahead. After all, this season ain't gonna be easy, judging by the teams we're thrown together with. However, we will have control and we will make it. So overall, it was a great trip, save for the food poisoning that all of us are down with.
Indeed, today was one of the worst days of my life. Imagine having diarrhea 30 times from 7am, having to constantly run to the toilet and not having any energy left to move, smelling food and starving but having no appetite to eat. Having to eat disgusting food and releasing everything eaten. That was me today. To make things worse, I came down with a reasonably high fever after having taken the doctor's medication. My perfect plans for today (since I had no classes anyway) were completely ruined thanks to this stupid food poisoning. At least it's much better now. I have not gone to the toilet since the afternoon and I could eat food (though it was pretty bland), at least now I have some appetite. What a way to spend a day off. I still feel weak and this incident has caused many opportunities to be lost. Oh well, I'll get by.
That being said, thank God for a good pal, who tolerated my sickness and hence my whinings since I was totally immobile for a while. One good thing out of the horror of today (:
Well, at least I got to rest up. School has already started. I don't quite like my Econs module this sem. Somehow, when Econs is mixed with math and stats, it begins to lose it's appeal. Psych, on the other hand, is more interesting. It's a module that I can actually sit through the whole seminar. A definite rarity. The irony is, Econs is my first major and Psych is merely my second major. Oh well, I hope I can dig deep and pull through this sem. Not gonna be easy at all. Bidding, for one, has been a major headache.
I hope things will look up tomorrow. I made plans to carry over what was supposed to be done today. So many fun things! I just hope I can eat normal food again. I really wanna try the instant mee I bought from Bintan, exciting!
Alright, off to rest again. I definitely need it before the full force of school kicks in.

MAR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home